Archive for natty

Server Team 20110322 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Thursday, 24 March 2011 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)
  • Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.
  • SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes

Natty Development

Ubuntu Server Team Events

  • Texas Linux Fest, April 2nd, kirkland and RoAkSoAx will be presenting

  • MySQL Users Conference, April 13,14 – SpamapS presenting.
  • Noted that UDS-O is coming soon. Sponsorship nominations due March 29

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • hggdh and Daviey are working on a problem with Eucalyptus and isc-dhcpd v4, no word yet on the final resolution
  • SpamapS and jhunt will be proposing jenkins jobs to test boot/shutdown in a UDS-O session

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

  • smb wondered how disappointed users would be if an SRU to the lucid kernel disabled NET_NS. hallyn believes that this is a popular component of LXC, even if it is somewhat buggy in lucid. SpamapS agrees that it would be a very unpopular move.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • It would appear that sommer is no longer able to spend time working on the Ubuntu Server Guide or attend these meetings, and so we may need to seek more help with maintaining the server guide.

Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community

  • kim0 noted that the virtual event, UbuntuCloudDays is happening March 23/24, and several server team members are presenting (soren, Daviey, SpamapS)

Open Discussion

  • hally had brought up that the duplication required of the meeting chair to publish the meeting minutes was somewhat annoying. SpamapS pointed out his branch of Mathias Gug’s old ubuntuserver-meeting tool sends to multiple addresses at once, and allows the writer to create just one copy of the minutes.

Agree on next meeting date and time

  • Tuesday, March 29 2011 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

Server Team 20110125 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Tuesday, 25 January 2011 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

Other Topics

  • Reviewing the action for ALL to check for verification-needed bugs, the list has remained managable and the process seems mostly to be working.
  • Natty Development – Alpha2 is close, some WI’s may need to be postponed but nothing specific yet.
  • Kernel Team (smb) – EC2 t1.micro and i386 fixes for natty kernel are pending – should be in next kernel
  • SpamapS suggested adding an “Upcoming Events” section to the agenda for Ubuntu Server interested people to talk about and coordinate events they’ll be attending.
  • QA Team (hggdh), Community Team (kim0), and Documentation Team (sommer) representatives were all absent.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 1 at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20101109 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Monday, 15 November 2010 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • mathiaz: to verify SRU bug 666028
  • ALL: please check the SRU tracker for verification-needed bugs and help out with verification
  • SpamapS: change kernel team representative from jjohansen to smb in meeting agenda going forward
  • robbiew: update the fridge calendar with new ubuntu server meeting time
  • hggdh: contact Ubuntu Developers asking for packages which run test suites during build.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

Because the previous meeting was pre-UDS, there were no ACTION points to review.

Natty Development

Specifications should be submitted for review, robbiew is reviewing/approving those that are ready.

Maverick SRUs

  • JamesPage brought up bug #666028 as it would need verification.

  • This brought up the bigger topic that there are no actual resources available to do verification of SRU’s right now, so we should all allocate some time to watching for SRU’s that are marked verification-needed and verify when possible. These are listed in Chuck’s SRU tracker: http://people.canonical.com/~chucks/SRUTracker/sru-tracker-bugs.html#verified_bugs

  • There was talk of a “daily verification” schedule similar to bug triage. Discussion of this further is deferred.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • The ISO images page was consolidated, causing some confusion. hggdh thought we were going to have to start doing ISO testing for MAC, armel, PPC, even possibly PS3.
    • robbiew put this to rest, i386/amd64 are the only ones requiring server ISO testing. This was just the result of consolidation.
  • hggdh is expanding daily builds to include any packages that run extensive tests during their build process.
    • All are encouraged to send examples to hggdh. He will contact ubuntu developers for help in finding more.
    • mathiaz noted that rules files could be grepped for the ‘nocheck’ test that is suggested for any large test suites during build.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • jjohansen has transitioned his role as server team kernel delegate to smb
  • smb notes kernel bug #415353 which he will be looking into to help address issues with teh bnx2x drivers.
  • jjohansen noted that there is an SRU pending for bug #651370 which causes ec2 to crash with an invalid opcode in maverick
  • jjohansen noted that pv-on-hvm drivers are in the natty kernel and will undergo testing/experimentation in the short term.

Meeting time and scheduling

  • The meeting is a bit late in the day for many of the european participants, so it was proposed, and accepted, to move the meeting back to 1600 UTC.
    • robbiew will add an entry to the official #ubuntu-meeting calendar on the fridge

Open Discussion

  • RoAkSoaX would like people to review his split for cluster-stack library packages. SpamapS suggests adding a merge proposal and asking ubuntu-server for review.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 16th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20101012 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , , , , on Wednesday, 13 October 2010 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • ACTION: mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community (carry over)

  • ACTION: ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461)

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487)

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • ACTION: mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community
    • mathiaz was unable to attend, action point carried over to next week
  • ACTION: smoser to get skaet info on how to publish EC2 images
    • DONE ec2 images were published along with the rest of 10.10
  • ACTION: Everyone to celebrate the 10.10.10 release in their own unique ways
    • DONE emphatically

Postmortem for Maverick (ttx)

  • Close your specs
    • ACTION: ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred

  • SRUs (658227, 600174)

    • Everyone should keep a close eye on high priority bug candidates for SRU to maverick.

Natty development

  • Opening: Syncs and Merges (ttx)
    • Natty will open soon, now is the time to start looking at merges
  • Natty specs preparation (jib)

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • QA and BugSquad are phasing out the ‘regression-potential’ tag, and it should not be used anymore. regression-release, regression-proposed, or regression-updates should be used to signal even potential regressions.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • Phantom load bug fix in lucid has not landed yet but should soon
  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461)

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487)

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • sommer was not in attendance

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

  • Reminder that this is UbuntuOpenWeek

  • kim0 has been talking with some community members and getting them fired up about contributing, with 8 potential contributors. He would appreciate volunteers for mentoring them.

Open Discussion

  • RoAkSoAx has an HA UEC-CLC setup using cluster stack (pacemaker, heartbeat), he would like to discuss this further at UDS during a cluster stack focused session.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday 2010-10-19 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting