Archive for the Ubuntu Server meeting minutes Category

Server Team 20121009 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 9 October 2012 by rwjb

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • ACTION: jamespage and Ursinha to look into aligning release team and server team tracking reports
  • ACTION: jamespage to provide info to hggdh about how to run iSCSI and MAAS tests for the ISO

Release Bugs

  • Launchpad bug 1064420 in horizon (Ubuntu) “Ubuntu theme in Horizon dashboard causes formatting issues” [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1064420

    • adam_g hears that the new theme is done and ready for packaging. He will upload it this morning if it hasn’t already been uploaded.
  • Launchpad bug 978963 in keystone (Ubuntu Precise) “add release note that OpenStack should be used on a protected network” [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/978963

    • jamespage will look at this.
  • Launchpad bug 1049305 in glance (Ubuntu) “package glance-registry 2012.1.3+stable~20120821-120fcf-0ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: sub-processo script post-installation instalado retornou estado de saída de erro 1” [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1049305

    • adam_g hasn’t been able to reproduce this, so, so we’ll drop it from tracking until it gets confirmed.
  • Launchpad bug 1050595 in lowmem (Ubuntu Quantal) “Ubuntu Server installation with 128M ram hangs” [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1050595

    • cjwatson is still looking at this and will hand assign it to jamespage when it is ready for documentation.
  • Launchpad bug 1053770 in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu Quantal) “ubuntu-server install takes up too much space” [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1053770

    • jamespage will take care of this.
  • Launchpad bug 1046340 in ntp (Ubuntu) “ntp package missing logcheck exceptions file /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/ntp” [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1046340

    • Unassigned; deferred to next week.
  • Launchpad bug 1059907 in nova (Ubuntu) “python-nova depends on python-setuptools-git?” [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1059907

    • Low priority; deferred to next week.

Release Tracking Bug Tasks

  • If these bugs are not fixed in trunk at this point (some of them are) then they’re not getting fixed before SRU. smoser will re-target tasks as appropriate, or mark them Won’t Fix.

Blueprints

  • adam_g and zul will to start to postpone servercloud-q-openstack-charms and servercloud-q-openstack-qa and add them into R blueprints.

Ubuntu Server Team Events

  • UDS is in a few weeks, in Copenhagen.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

  • smb hoped that he has resolved Launchpad bug 1021471 in Linux “clone() hang when creating new network namespace (dmesg show unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free. Usage count = 2)” [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1021471

Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)

  • rbasak reports that MAAS on ARM is ready and noted that a couple of caveats are described in the maas-devel archives.

Agree on next meeting date and time

The next meeting will be at Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:00:00 +0000.

Advertisements

Server Team 20120529 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 by roaksoax

Meeting summary

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting

ACTION: zul to sync up with arosales and jamespage. (roaksoax, 16:03:34) ACTION: email arosales/Daviey if interested in ubuntu-mir membership (roaksoax, 16:06:47)

LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-q-kernel-version-and-flavors (rbasak, 16:31:39)

  • Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)
  • Open Discussion

ACTION: : Anyone interested in taking care of bug #972077 to ping smoser (roaksoax, 16:39:21)

  • Announce next meeting date and time

Meeting ended at 16:42:05 UTC.

 

Action items

  • zul to sync up with arosales and jamespage.
  • email arosales/Daviey if interested in ubuntu-mir membership
  • rbasak to drive migration to ubuntuserver.org
  • To finish BP documentation and mark them Review ASAP!
  • Anyone interested in taking care of bug #972077 to ping smoser

 

Action items, by person

  • zul to sync up with arosales and jamespage.
  • email arosales/Daviey if interested in ubuntu-mir membership
  • zul to sync up with arosales and jamespage.
  • rbasak to drive migration to ubuntuserver.org
  • Anyone interested in taking care of bug #972077 to ping smoser
  • To finish BP documentation and mark them Review ASAP!

 

People present (lines said)

  • roaksoax (91)
  • Daviey (34)
  • arosales (18)
  • jamespage (15)
  • smoser (13)
  • rbasak (10)
  • ubottu (10)
  • meetingology (10)
  • smb (9)
  • zul (8)
  • utlemming (5)
  • Ursinha (4)
  • hallyn (4)
  • m_3 (3)
  • SpamapS (2)
  • lynxman (2)

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server Team 20110621 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Thursday, 23 June 2011 by JavaCruft

Here are the minutes of the server team meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc log here.

Meeting Actions

  • sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation – carried forward

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation – carried forward

Oneiric Development

See http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.htmlfor detail.

  • Merges and syncs going great
  • New bugs manageable
  • Need to focus on new feature delivery
    • MIR’s for OpenStack – loads of them; all team to help out where possible – ideally all MIR’s should be raised by the end of the week.

Ubuntu Server Team Events

  • zul – Linuxcon Augst
  • SpamapS – OSCON, Portland next month

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • SRU verification for TGT and NBD
  • Automated testing toolsets will need updating for A2 to accommodate installer changes
  • Ubuntu QA Lab setup continues.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

  • Xen support – query around which kernel should be uses; must support blkback and netback; will be added to init.
  • Hardy AMI (https://launchpad.net/bugs/705562) – solution identified – see bug report for details.

Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)

  • NCommander not present

Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community

  • No updates or questions

Open Discussion

  • SpamapS: call for more ensemble formulas to be written.
  • adam_g: OpenStack in Oneiric needs more testing – find time to try it out.

Agree on next meeting date and time

  • Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 28th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20110405 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Friday, 8 April 2011 by JavaCruft

Here are the minutes of the server team meeting. They can also be found online with the irc log here.

Meeting Actions

  • Daviey to submit UDS-O topic for translations and docs
  • jamespage to helpout with verification of euca-dhcp bug
  • jamespage to discover process/location for fixing ubuntu server documentation

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred, carry over)
  • Daviey to talk with docs team about new submissions (New documentation for cluster stack)
    • Daviey has discussed this with the documentation team; most Ubuntu documentation is facing the same issue that the server documentation set is (i.e. lack of resource).
    • [ACTION] Daviey actioned to raise a UDS-O topic to discuss server team documentation and the how this is taken forwards.
  • Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug. (carry over)
    • Progress on this issue; bug applied but needs verification.
    • [ACTION] jamespage to help out with verification that this issue is resolved.
  • SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes
    • DONE
  • ALL: Please review the current documentation (for Natty release)
    • Some review; however team are unclear on how to fix documentation for the release.
    • [ACTION] jamespage to find out and report back/email.

Natty Development

Focus is now on bug fixing rather than development.

Daviey asked that any blockers, issues or concerns be raised as soon as possible in the run up to beta-2

Smoser raised two bugs that required MIR approval:

Ubuntu Server Team Events

  • SpamapS: Apr. 13,14 I will be at the MySQL Users’ Conference in Santa Clara, CA
  • jamespage: I’ll be attending puppet camp europe on the 28/29 April in Amsterdam
  • zul: Apr 25 – 29 I will be at the Openstack summit, Santa Clara, CA

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • Current investigating:
    • Launchpad bug 746751 in linux (Ubuntu) “kernel: [Firmware Bug]: the BIOS has corrupted hw-PMU resources (MSR 38d is 30)” [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/746751

  • Kernel SRU tests are throwing up security failures, compiler stracktraces etc…

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

  • Launchpad bug 634487 in linux (Ubuntu Natty) “t1.micro instance hangs when installing java” [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/634487

    • Latest natty works fine on smb test rig; however not in ec2.
    • The bug seems to be some interaction between xen hypervisor and the kernel. And it looks like newer Xen works.
    • Just need Amazon to upgrade.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

Not present

Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community

None

Open Discussion

None

Announce next meeting date and time

  • Tuesday, April 12th 2011 16:00 UTC

Server Team 20110322 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Thursday, 24 March 2011 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)
  • Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.
  • SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes

Natty Development

Ubuntu Server Team Events

  • Texas Linux Fest, April 2nd, kirkland and RoAkSoAx will be presenting

  • MySQL Users Conference, April 13,14 – SpamapS presenting.
  • Noted that UDS-O is coming soon. Sponsorship nominations due March 29

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • hggdh and Daviey are working on a problem with Eucalyptus and isc-dhcpd v4, no word yet on the final resolution
  • SpamapS and jhunt will be proposing jenkins jobs to test boot/shutdown in a UDS-O session

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

  • smb wondered how disappointed users would be if an SRU to the lucid kernel disabled NET_NS. hallyn believes that this is a popular component of LXC, even if it is somewhat buggy in lucid. SpamapS agrees that it would be a very unpopular move.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • It would appear that sommer is no longer able to spend time working on the Ubuntu Server Guide or attend these meetings, and so we may need to seek more help with maintaining the server guide.

Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community

  • kim0 noted that the virtual event, UbuntuCloudDays is happening March 23/24, and several server team members are presenting (soren, Daviey, SpamapS)

Open Discussion

  • hally had brought up that the duplication required of the meeting chair to publish the meeting minutes was somewhat annoying. SpamapS pointed out his branch of Mathias Gug’s old ubuntuserver-meeting tool sends to multiple addresses at once, and allows the writer to create just one copy of the minutes.

Agree on next meeting date and time

  • Tuesday, March 29 2011 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

Server Team 20110125 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Tuesday, 25 January 2011 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

Other Topics

  • Reviewing the action for ALL to check for verification-needed bugs, the list has remained managable and the process seems mostly to be working.
  • Natty Development – Alpha2 is close, some WI’s may need to be postponed but nothing specific yet.
  • Kernel Team (smb) – EC2 t1.micro and i386 fixes for natty kernel are pending – should be in next kernel
  • SpamapS suggested adding an “Upcoming Events” section to the agenda for Ubuntu Server interested people to talk about and coordinate events they’ll be attending.
  • QA Team (hggdh), Community Team (kim0), and Documentation Team (sommer) representatives were all absent.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 1 at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20101109 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , on Monday, 15 November 2010 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • mathiaz: to verify SRU bug 666028
  • ALL: please check the SRU tracker for verification-needed bugs and help out with verification
  • SpamapS: change kernel team representative from jjohansen to smb in meeting agenda going forward
  • robbiew: update the fridge calendar with new ubuntu server meeting time
  • hggdh: contact Ubuntu Developers asking for packages which run test suites during build.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

Because the previous meeting was pre-UDS, there were no ACTION points to review.

Natty Development

Specifications should be submitted for review, robbiew is reviewing/approving those that are ready.

Maverick SRUs

  • JamesPage brought up bug #666028 as it would need verification.

  • This brought up the bigger topic that there are no actual resources available to do verification of SRU’s right now, so we should all allocate some time to watching for SRU’s that are marked verification-needed and verify when possible. These are listed in Chuck’s SRU tracker: http://people.canonical.com/~chucks/SRUTracker/sru-tracker-bugs.html#verified_bugs

  • There was talk of a “daily verification” schedule similar to bug triage. Discussion of this further is deferred.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • The ISO images page was consolidated, causing some confusion. hggdh thought we were going to have to start doing ISO testing for MAC, armel, PPC, even possibly PS3.
    • robbiew put this to rest, i386/amd64 are the only ones requiring server ISO testing. This was just the result of consolidation.
  • hggdh is expanding daily builds to include any packages that run extensive tests during their build process.
    • All are encouraged to send examples to hggdh. He will contact ubuntu developers for help in finding more.
    • mathiaz noted that rules files could be grepped for the ‘nocheck’ test that is suggested for any large test suites during build.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • jjohansen has transitioned his role as server team kernel delegate to smb
  • smb notes kernel bug #415353 which he will be looking into to help address issues with teh bnx2x drivers.
  • jjohansen noted that there is an SRU pending for bug #651370 which causes ec2 to crash with an invalid opcode in maverick
  • jjohansen noted that pv-on-hvm drivers are in the natty kernel and will undergo testing/experimentation in the short term.

Meeting time and scheduling

  • The meeting is a bit late in the day for many of the european participants, so it was proposed, and accepted, to move the meeting back to 1600 UTC.
    • robbiew will add an entry to the official #ubuntu-meeting calendar on the fridge

Open Discussion

  • RoAkSoaX would like people to review his split for cluster-stack library packages. SpamapS suggests adding a merge proposal and asking ubuntu-server for review.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 16th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.