Archive for January, 2012

Server Team 20120103 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Wednesday, 4 January 2012 by s3hh

The meeting minutes with full irc log can also be found here.


  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
    • No action items
  • Precise Development
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date and time


Meeting Actions

  • rbasak to try precise on pandaboard
  • hallyn to swap rbasak for NCommander in arm agenda section

Review Actions from previous meeting

There were no action items from the previous meeting.

Precise Development

Daviey pointed to and need some love. rbasak agreed to take bug 906735 (“package installation should create /var/log/puppet”), and SpamapS thought bug 898340 (“mysql clients statically link libmysqlclient in”) should be on the release radar.

adam_g completed charms for openstack, and SpamapS will review.

jamespage is off the stable rotation now, and will have time to work on the CI lab.

Daviey asked that everyone look for good bug targets for next week.

Ubuntu Server Team Events

Next week, some of the server team will be sprinting in Budapest, and Fosdem

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

jamespage put a few new iso install tests live, so we now have daily testing. patrickmw has put up a new precise dashboard reporting daily testing results at Precise ec2 images are broken due to a kernel oops (bug 911204). smb believes xen guests were broken by some upstream rtc changes. Openstack automated testing should be picking up in the next few days.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

Bug 902951 (“CONFIG_VIRTIO_BLK shouldnt be a module”) was brought up, but appears to be stalled.

Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)

Daviey is concerned that ARM kernel bugs will be found late in the cycle. rbasak therefore agreed to try precise on a pandaboard.

Open Discussion

rbasak asked about bug 858878 (“lack of csrf protection in cobbler-web”). RoAkSoAx says it’s a security issue and therefore goes through a different process than SRUs, so he can’t do any more to kick it. adam_g asked zul to bake the next openstack snapshot in a ppa for a few days before the friday release.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Jan 17 at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.