Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.
- Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)
- Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.
- SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes
- Nothing much to report here. The Work Items Tracker for beta1 seems to suggest we are a bit behind and need to postpone some items.
Ubuntu Server Team Events
Texas Linux Fest, April 2nd, kirkland and RoAkSoAx will be presenting
- MySQL Users Conference, April 13,14 – SpamapS presenting.
- Noted that UDS-O is coming soon. Sponsorship nominations due March 29
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- hggdh and Daviey are working on a problem with Eucalyptus and isc-dhcpd v4, no word yet on the final resolution
- SpamapS and jhunt will be proposing jenkins jobs to test boot/shutdown in a UDS-O session
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
- smb wondered how disappointed users would be if an SRU to the lucid kernel disabled NET_NS. hallyn believes that this is a popular component of LXC, even if it is somewhat buggy in lucid. SpamapS agrees that it would be a very unpopular move.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
- It would appear that sommer is no longer able to spend time working on the Ubuntu Server Guide or attend these meetings, and so we may need to seek more help with maintaining the server guide.
Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community
kim0 noted that the virtual event, UbuntuCloudDays is happening March 23/24, and several server team members are presenting (soren, Daviey, SpamapS)
- hally had brought up that the duplication required of the meeting chair to publish the meeting minutes was somewhat annoying. SpamapS pointed out his branch of Mathias Gug’s old ubuntuserver-meeting tool sends to multiple addresses at once, and allows the writer to create just one copy of the minutes.
Agree on next meeting date and time
- Tuesday, March 29 2011 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting