Server Team 20100928 meeting minutes
- [ACTION] SpamapS to chase drizzle in maverick decide between “broken” and “removed” with slight possibility of “beta”
- [ACTION] jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas
- [ACTION] (carryover) mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
- SpamapS will continue to follow up on drizzle in maverick.
Maverick development (jib)
- RC is Thursday the 30th, with release on Sunday October 10.
Please add ideas for Natty development to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/NattyIdeaPool. That will serve as input for UDS Sessions.
RC release status (ttx)
- Only critical issue at that time was Eucalyptus upgrade
The road to 10.10.10 release (ttx)
- ISO testing is in progress (subsequently finished with all tests run and on time)
- Daily triage is particularly important right now. Please take care to find high impact issues.
EC2 Images for RC were waiting on 649833
- Daviey and Mathaiz will cover general RC release issues, with smoser handling UEC images
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- hggdh sent a mail to ubuntu-devel proposing a change on the usage of ‘regression-*’ tags. Comments are appreciated.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
- user-data corruption bug bug is fixed
574910 is expected to move into SRU this week
- there will be a 0 day kernel update that the kernel team is queuing fixes for
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
- no discussion
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)
- This week, kim0 is collecting feedback from “newcomer” Ubuntu server ocmmunity. The goal being to understand if we’re doing a good job accepting new community members, availing helpful data, things to work on, and guidance along the path.
- kim0 has recieved pings from a dozen people who would like to contribute
cloud portal (http://cloud.ubuntu.com) is expected to be released soon.
- To see the cloud portal now, add “22.214.171.124 kimos.com” to /etc/hosts and visit kimos.com.
582963 in apache2 was discussed some, it is being deferred to Natty.
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 12th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.