Archive for September, 2010

Server Team 20100921 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 21 September 2010 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • Everyone to update Daily bug triage blueprint when done.

  • ttx to add link to server-mrs tag search from the releasestatus wiki page
  • SpamapS to look at the state of drizzle in maverick – if it build this week ScottK to accept FFe
  • jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas
  • mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community

Maverick development (jib)

Overall: So far so good.

Status for identified RC bugs (ttx)

We don’t have any milestoned bug left, 3 high/critical maverick bugs and 8 Maverick-targeted bugs. List available at:

RC bugs suggestions should be nominated for maverick and ttx should be made aware of them via IRC.

Drizzle state in maverick

Drizzle is currently broken in maverick. It may be possible to fix it for maverick if done this week.

Natty development (jib)

With feature development unwinding and only a handful of bugs targeted to release, this is a great time to put your thinking caps on for Natty if you have some spare time. Like last round, we’ll use the IdeaPool wiki page to gather thoughts.

LP blueprints should filed if someone is ready to lead a session at UDS-N.

If someone has strong connection with other communities a targeted call for ideas could be useful.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

Several team members congratulated ara on the new Ubuntu QA website.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

There aren’t any high priority bugs on the kernel team radar related to server. Others include:

Call for testing lucid kernel:

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

Skipped as sommer wasn’t available.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

The cloud portal is taking a good shape.

Feedback for growing the ubuntu cloud community suggested to provide technical guides or white-papers on “best practices” on how to write cloud apps, how to deploy services in the cloud, and how to build your own private cloud (storage concerns, network concerns and best practices …etc)

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 28th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20100907 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 14 September 2010 by Daviey

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Topic: Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • jjohansen to provide tests for bug 582963 and request SRU
    • Deferred to kernel section of meeting

Topic: Maverick development (jib)

  • See Meeting logs

Topic: Status for RC bugs (ttx)

  • Action: Daviey to contact upstream eucalyptus, regarding issues that seem to be blocked.

Topic: Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

Topic: Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • Action: jjohansen to follow up on bug 574910 with the current direction
  • Action: jjohansen and smoser to report on bug 613083 bug 606373 and next meeting

Topic: Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • Action: sommer and mathiaz to sync up regarding puppet server guide

Topic: Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

  • Deferring until next meeting

Topic: Open Discussion

  • Action: RoAkSoAx to email ubuntu server mailing list with update of cluster stack

Topic: Announce next meeting date and time

Meeting Actions

  • Daviey to contact upstream eucalyptus, regarding issues that seem to be blocked.
  • jjohansen to follow up on bug 574910 with the current direction
  • jjohansen and smoser to report on bug 613083 bug 606373 and next meeting
  • sommer and mathiaz to sync up regarding puppet server guide
  • RoAkSoAx to email ubuntu server mailing list with update of cluster stack progress

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 14th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20100831 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Thursday, 2 September 2010 by s3hh

Here are the meeting minutes. They can also be found
here
with full irc logs.

  • Agenda
    • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
      • SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel
      • jjohansen to review bug 493156
      • zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
      • ttx to make burnup charts available to people who want them
    • Maverick development (jib)
      • Beta milestone release (ttx) – Beta-milestoned bugs and ISO testing
      • Post-beta work – Maverick bugs and release status page (ttx)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
      • pv-ops kernel status update
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)
    • Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)
    • Open Discussion
    • Announce next meeting date and time
      • Tuesday 2010-09-07 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting
  • Minutes
  • Meeting Actions
    • jjohansen to provide tests for bug 582963 and request SRU
  • ACTIONS from previous meeting
    • SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel
      • submitted, discussion had, consensus reached…
      • rubygems 1.9.1 to be merged into ruby 1.9, and gems to be placed in /usr/local/bin
      • copious congratulations and kudos from all around to Spamaps
    • jjohansen to review bug 493156 (“Please enable CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT”)
      • test kernel built, but not yet submitted for SRU
    • zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
      • Done, in apache now
      • side effect in the form of a new SSl bug
      • zul may revert
    • ttx to make burnup charts available to people who want them
  • Maverick development (jib)
    • beta cycle is winding down (ends this thursday)
      • we are mostly on track
    • iso testing coming up soon
    • jib and ttx finalizing RC plan on friday
    • ttx described in detail how to prioritize work
    • ttx points out that week between Beta release and FinalFreeze is time to fix seemingly basic bugs
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
    • QA team changing the way regression tags are used – RFC out soon
    • mathiaz announces that he has automated all of the iso testing
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
    • Bug #606373 – sporadic console output – looking for a race
    • Bug #620994 (xen kernel BUG) – after extensive testing doesn’t affect, Maverick or Lucid
    • Bug #614853 (kernel panic divide error) – could not replicate
    • Bug 621175 (virtual kernel contains too many modules) – will have to be fixed post-beta
  • Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)
    • 48 targets; 25 bugs fixed; 8 invalidated; 3 waiting on upstream; 12 postponed
    • ttx frets that the effort failed in bringing in new contributors
    • kirkland asks how many users were made happier with Ubuntu Server
      • tough to quantify
    • kirkland and mathiaz agree that it is nice dedicating time to fix small bugs
    • hallyn and Spamaps concur that it was a useful exercise for learning about packaging
    • We will further discuss at UDS-N
  • Agree on next meeting date and time
    • Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 7th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeti