Server Team 20100817 meeting minutes
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.
- SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel
- zul to nudge forward upstart script review process
- jjohansen to review bug 493156
- zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
- everyone to pick 1 or 2 papercuts for the beta cycle
- deferred until later point of order
- zul to continue clean up the SRU assigne list by prodding people on status: DONE
- SpamapS to finalize and send ruby gems proposal to ubuntu-devel
- proposal finalized, action for coming week to submit as bug on debian rubygems package
- ttx to send email about 10.04.1 release process to server team: DONE
Maverick development (jib)
- jiboumans is concerned that we are not 40% complete, which is where we should be in the
- beta cycle.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-uec-testing – build 1231 just recently landed and should correct previously reported errors. kirkland is concerned as well and feels many of the items may need to be dropped. jiboumans and kirkland to resolve offline.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-upstart-conversion – zul says this is mostly stalled on getting the upstart scripts reviewed, and will “nudge” the reviewers.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-qa-workflow – hggdh to postpone for post-maverick.
- jiboumans reminded everyone that if they are under 40% completion rate, they should look at their assigned specs and contact him if they feel they will not be completed for the beta cycle.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- (hggdh) UEC testing is progressing and build 1231 was pending build on a PPA before testing could commence on it.
- (hggdh) QA is taking a look at bugs that are tagged regression-* and will be pushing server-team related bugs
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/574910 – high load for lucid on ec2 – is mostly phantom load, plan is to close that bug and open more specific bugs to target the issues that have caused so much piling on.
(Omahn) requested review of bug 493156 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iotop/+bug/493156
- (jjohansen) pv-ops kernel is still buggy, there is a chance the -ec2 kernel will have to be used instead. smoser doesn’t want to see that happen, but acknowledges that it may be necessary.
- (jjohansen) kernel tema will be making the “pv-on-hvm drivers” available for testing purposes in a PPA
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Community Team (kim0)
- kim0 was unable to attend, so this topic was skipped
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
- (sommer) says things are going smoothly, and he will have time to work on some new content this week
- (sommer) String Freeze is Sept 9. sommer has discussed dropping the ubuntu-serverguide package and forwarded that discussion to the ubuntu-server mailing list after the meeting.
Papercuts status (jib)
- Two papercuts were left, and mathiz and zul stepped up to claim/evaluate them
- (mathiaz) 10.04.1 ISO testing had all server tests completed.
- (andreserl) cluster stack is waiting on a MIR for pacemaker to be approved
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 2010-08-24 at 1800 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting