Server Team 20100803 meeting minutes
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.
- SpamapS to send ruby gems proposel to ubuntu-devel
- zul to clean up the SRU assigne list by prodding people on status
- everyone to pick 1 or 2 papercuts for the beta cycle
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
- SpamapS to work with mathiaz on a proposal, and send proposal to -devel on ruby gems in ubuntu: Work in progress.
Daviey & kirkland to review http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/uec.html: DONE.
- entire team to fix your papercuts by end-of-the-week: reviewed later in a meeting topic.
- SpamapS and ScottK to reivew Kolab php5 patches: patches submitted to upstream and should be available after alpha3.
Maverick development (jib)
- alpha3 overcommitted, several WI postponed to beta.
- cloud-utils, daily-vcs, uec-monitoring: won’t be able to be done before FF.
- added blueprints to track ongoing work like ISO testing and triaging, just to provide more insight, so those will be in the tracker as well starting the beta cycle.
- most blueprints should be scoped for the beta workloads now, so please have a look and make sure there are no anomalies.
Alpha3-milestoned bugs (ttx)
- remaining bugs were retargeted to beta
- UEC: All-in-one topo working, other topologies and loadtesrting are still very broken
Alpha3 ISO testing (ttx)
- ISO respin tomorrow morning: concentrate your ISO testing efforts on tomorrow’s
- Cloud images will also be respun.
Remember area of ISO testing, it’s marked down on the corresponding work item.
ttx bragged about the fact that he could take on a triceratops with his bare hands and the power of his look. jiboumans shattered ttx dreams reminding him that science had proved triceratops didn’t actually exist.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- Eucalyptus only works in all-in-one
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
- switch to a 2.6.35 pv-ops kernel
started to bisect kernel to chase down high load bug for idle instances on ec2.
- Spamaps asked the kernel team to keep on rockin in the free world.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Community Team (kim0)
- working with IS on releasing the maps app for the 10.04.1 release
Cloud Portal specs updated and feedback is welcome
Weekly SRU review (zul)
SRU tracker operational now.
Server papercuts (ttx)
Beta cycle is about to get started.
Team member activity and presence: Eurekastreams
mathiaz ran into Eureka streams and wondered if that could be used track team member activity automatically. jiboumans, ttx and Spamaps looked at it and found potential.
- ttx has been missing recently is some presence tool. Eureka streams may not help in that regard. Being able to tell people are “at work”. Crosscheking with calendars doesn’t really help.
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 10th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.