Archive for Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Server Team 20091020 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Wednesday, 21 October 2009 by Thierry Carrez

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • kirkland to adapt help.ubuntu.com VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt: Deferred

ACTION: kirkland to adapt help.ubuntu.com VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt

  • zul to fix m2crypto test suite and ensure that MIR is processed: Done
  • mathiaz to add test case for image store in testcases wiki: Not done yet

ACTION: mathiaz to add test case for image store in testcases wiki

  • zul to add missing server-ship packages to ubuntu-server: Done

Karmic RC

Review of remaining karmic-nominated bugs:

  • 455832: Not a regression and not encountered in normal use: untargeted for release

  • 451881: Only affects UEC, and not EC2, not critical for karmic: untargeted for release

  • 410886: vmbuilder needs to have the patch from trunk merged into it: milestoned and assigned to soren

  • 362511: Low importance, won’t get fixed for karmic: untargeted for release

  • 453456 and 455293: see below

  • 455411: Harmless to users, too late to fix: untargeted for release

  • 453495: Specific to qemu-only arches, can be dealt with postrelease: untargeted for release

  • 453453: doesn’t seem realistic to do anything about this bug for 9.10: left at kirkland’s discretion

  • 453467: not 9.10-critical, untargeted for release

  • 407949: milestoned to release, assigned to smoser, will trigger a UEC/EC2 image respin

Review of the Ubuntu-Server-relevant tests on the ISO tracker revealed a few test cases that were not covered by any team member:

  • netboot: Daviey and kirkland will cover those, as they have a local mirror
  • upgrades: zul will cover those cases. This involves defining a test procedure, as the current one is Desktop-oriented.

ACTION: zul to write up server upgrade test case

Eucalyptus status

We fixed ~36 bugs in 9 uploads last week. A few remaining bugs were mentioned during the review:

  • 455816: Given that this is globally harmless and difficult to test between RC and release, it’s unlikely that this will be fixed for release. mathiaz will validate the fix though.

  • 453456: Would be fixed only if log rotation is proved to be non-functional, and can be fixed in a SRU

  • 455293: Fix is committed but is not worth a new upload. Will get in only if something else gets fixed

  • 455625: This bug seems bad, though it still needs to be reproduced. Would get fixed in a Karmic SRU. nurmi is looking into reproducing it.

  • 452556 and 444352: ttx hits those regularly in ISO testing, the first one would warrant a note in release notes, this it seems systematic (task opened)

ACTION: nurmi to investigate bug 455625

UEC/EC2 images

This was reviewed separately and found to be in good shape.

Reference UEC appliance

The demo will very closely resemble what soren posted the week before last. The completely unpersistent appliance will be ready by Thursday.

ACTION: soren to complete demo virtual appliance

UEC appliance store

Integration with the “fake” test store was successfully tested. This needs now to be tested ASAP against the production server, if available. It can be tseted against Soren’s demo appliance but also the stock UEC image.

ACTION: mdz to chase down details on production image store

ACTION: mathiaz to test UEC integration with production image store

UEC documentation

Current community doc (http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC and http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/PackageInstall) needs to be worked on. kirkland, nurmi, mathiaz and ttx stepped up to help in that area. Discussion on splitting the work amongst this team will be held on a mailing-list of kirkland’s choice.

Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs review

455873 was assigned to zul, but since it is for hardy, release-related tasks should take precedence.

AOB

ScottK mentioned that clamav 0.95.3 will likely be released on Monday, so it’ll go to -proposed.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 27th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.