Archive for August, 2009

Server Team 20090825 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Thursday, 27 August 2009 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Asterisk

jmdault reported that pwlib and openh323 had the right version in karmic since Friday. The rest of the Asterisk packages have been uploaded to his PPA and are waiting for sponsorship. The Asterisk wiki specification has also been updated to reflect the state of the stack in Karmic.

Update Ebox to 1.3

zul reported that ebox had been updated to 1.3 in Karmic universe.

SRU weekly review

The lists of nominated bugs for each supported release as well as the list of last-week-fix-released bugs have been reviewed during the meeting. Relevant bugs that were SRU worthy have been accepted.

ACTION: mathiaz to produce a list of accepted bugs for packages related to the ubuntu-server team.

FFE for bacula

There was some discussion on whether time should be spend on getting Bacula 3.0.X merged from unstable into karmic. It was decided that it was too late for karmic and thus deferred to the next release cycle. Providing the new version in a karmic PPA would also be useful.

ACTION: bacula 3.0.X to be made available from a PPA from the bacula team.

UEC/EC2 images

mdz asked about the status of EC2 images. Karmic images are now built on a daily basis and were included in Alpha 4.

  • bug 376740 tracks the failures of the kernel on Karmic AMIs.

  • bug 398568 is tracking Jaunty AMIs failing to boot.

The Ubuntu package archive servers inside EC2 are alive. Both Jaunty and Karmic AMIs are using these by default.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 1st at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20090818 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 18 August 2009 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Asterisk

jmdault reported he had built all packages relevant to the Asterisk stack in his PPA. This update would bring Asterisk to the latest version: 1.6. Testing is welcome.

ACTION: jmdault to ask sponsorship for pwlib -> openh323 -> dahdi* -> asterisk* packages

Update Ebox to 1.3

foolano stated that packages were already in a PPA and debdiffs had been attached to bugs.

ACTION: zul to review ebox 1.3 packages

SRU weekly review

mathiaz added the list of nominated bugs relevant to packages interesting to the ubuntu-server team to the list of bugs fixed during last week. Both lists were reviewed during the meeting and relevant bugs were accepted for SRU. mathiaz reminded that the updated SRU process was documented in the Ubuntu Server Knowledgebase.

ACTION: ttx to go throught the list of nominated bugs and decline them

libmysqlclient-dev transition

mathiaz announced that MySQL 5.1 had been promoted to main on Monday and that transitioning build dependencies (libmysqlclient15-dev to libmysqlclient-dev) had started for packages in main. MySQL 5.0 will stay in universe for karmic and will be removed from the repository during the next release cycle.

Server tips : implementation

Daviey reported he had committed 32 new tips to the ubuntu-server-tips repository. Translations also started. nijaba offered to review submitted tips. Work for integrating the package with update-motd is also underway with some help from kirkland.

Agree on next meeting date and time

mathiaz reminded everyone that Feature Freeze is scheduled for next week.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 25th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20090811 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Friday, 14 August 2009 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Asterisk

Daviey announced he had built Asterisk 1.6 and made it available from the Ubuntu VOIP team PPA. There was some discussion about the dependencies: openh323 is already while pwlib seems to be broken in karmic. More investigation is required to check whether the pwlib package should be merge from Debian or the Ubuntu version should be fixed.

Server tips : implementation

Daviey reported he had created an ubuntu-server-tips project as well as a team. A package is also available from the Ubuntu server tips PPA with code available from a bzr branch. Testing and review is welcome. There was some discussion on internationalizing the package and its content.

Update Ebox to 1.3

zul proposed to update the ebox packages to the latest version – 1.3. foolano reported he would prepare some packages and ask for sponsorship to get them included in karmic.

ACTION: foolano to prepare new ebox packages for review

SRU weekly review

The server team conducted a review of the list of bugs that had been fixed over the week and discussed which one should be considered for an SRU.

This weekly review is one activity of the updated SRU process put in place in the Server team.

ACTION: mathiaz to create the list of server bugs nominated for supported releases

ACTION: mathiaz to create the accepted candidates list

ACTION: mathiaz to include the bugs lists in the meeting announcement

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 18th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20090804 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Monday, 10 August 2009 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Asterisk

jmdault reported that Debian had uploaded a new version of Asterisk to unstable: 1.6.2.0~dfsg~beta3. Whith the current version in Karmic being 1.4 mathiaz asked what were the reasons for updating to 1.6 in Karmic. The main reason is that 1.6 should be available in the next LTS release. There is a also a list of dependencies that should be pulled in Karmic before Asterisk 1.6 can be merged from unstable.

ACTION: Daviey to generate a list of packages to be updated for the asterisk stack

Server tips : implementation

nijaba asked what would be the best implementation for delivering ubuntu-server tips to the end user. After some discussions it was suggested to create an ubuntu-server-fortune package based on the fortune-debian-hints package integrated with the update-motd.d framework.

ACTION: Daviey to take a look at creating a package base on the fortune* package to include server tips.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 11th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.