Archive for November, 2008

Server Team 20081125 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 25 November 2008 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server FAQ

All the questions have been updated.

Jaunty Specs

dendrobates reported that he had been finalizing the schedule for UDS. There are still some slots available but blueprints should be register as soon as possible. dendrobates should be set as the approver and the spec should be proposed for UDS Jaunty. He added that he might send a tentative agenda today. A blog post would be welcome once the agenda is available.

Beers for Ubuntu Server members

Rick Clark (dendrobates – Technical Lead of the Ubuntu Server Team) announced that he would buy any server team member a beer if they found him at UDS. soren and kirkland made note of that while Koon started to cry. dholbach plugged his sponsoring work on server related packages and wondered if that made him a server team member. mathiaz reminded that subscribing to the ubuntu-server mailing list was enough to become a member of the ubuntu-server team on LP. dendrobates added that he got to choose the beer. There was some discussion about american beers and got to the point where kirkland suggested to rename the team to #beer-server team.

Integrated mail server stack

Scottk mentioned that he intended to work on automating postfix-amavisd-new-clamav-spamassassin setup. dendrobates asked whether ScottK could join the UDS sessions discussing the mail server stack. mathiaz suggested to write up a wiki page summarizing what could be done.

Get rid of old libdb versions

ScottK noted that there was some interface changes in DB 4.7. Patches may be available in Fedora. The target for jaunty is to transition to DB 4.6.

likewise-open SRU

Koon asked for help to verify an SRU of likewise-open to fix bug 230466. sommer offered to do the verification.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, December 2nd at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20081118 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 25 November 2008 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server FAQ

sommer did more updates to the questions. The remaining answers to be filled are for the questions that have been added to the FAQ.

ACTION: mathiaz to add a section about updating the ServerFAQ to the Roadmap

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID related questions

Update ServerGuide for Jaunty

sommer created a blueprint for the Ubuntu Server Guide. Suggestions for improvement should be added to the wiki page. One suggestion was to split the ubuntu server guide into its own source package (the server guide already has its own binary package). This change should be discussed with the Documentation team first.

ACTION: sommer to start a discussion with the documentation team about creating a separate source package and bzr branch for the server guide.

Ubuntu Server survey

nijaba announced that the Ubuntu Server survey had been closed. He is working on extracting the data and remove all the private information. The final stats are 6844 responses (4144 full responses, 2700 responses not completely filled out). The stats should be available in csv format in a bzr branch.

Jaunty specs

mathiaz announced that the schedule for the next UDS is being worked on. Blueprints should be registered in Launchpad and targeted to jaunty. The approver should be set to Rick Clark (dendrobates) and the ubuntu-server team should be subscribed to the blueprint.

Graphical interface for the Server installer

cjwatson reported that he had been working on getting the GTK installer frontend up and running for the Ubuntu Server installer.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 25th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20081111 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Wednesday, 12 November 2008 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server FAQ

sommer started to update questions on the ServerFaq page. Questions that need to be updated are marked.

ACTION: mathiaz to add a section about updating the ServerFAQ to the Roadmap

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID related questions

Get rid of old libdb versions

Work started to get rid of old libdb version during the Hardy release cycle. The list of packages needed a review needs to be updated in the Roadmap.

ACTION: zul to update the list of packages depending on libdb

Add augeas lenses

nxvl reported that lenses have been written during the last cycle. Upstream is still active. The state of lenses are tracked on a wiki page. He plans to write more lenses during this release cycle.

Update ServerGuide for Jaunty

sommer started to gather ideas about the updates to make to the Ubuntu Server Guide for Jaunty. All the ideas will be tracked in a specification.

ACTION: sommer to create a spec for the ServerGuide update in Jaunty

Merges and init script

mathiaz reminded that the archive is opened and merging is the main focus of the developers for now. kirkland added that checking if init scripts have a status action is welcome. If not adding one would be appreciated – steps to do so are outline on the InitScriptsStatusActions wiki page. A lot of packages have already been updated during the intrepid release cycle. More work is needed though.

ACTION: kirkland to update the init status action wiki page

Ubuntu Server survey

nijaba reminded everyone that the Ubuntu Server survey will close next Friday, November, the 14th. So far 6777 responses have been gathered (4105 full responses, 2672 responses not completely filled out).

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 18th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20081104 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Tuesday, 4 November 2008 by Robbie

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server FAQ

nijaba reviewed the questions from the ServerFaQ. He added new ones at the bottom of the page. The next step is now to update the answers.

ACTION: mathiaz to add a section about updating the ServerFAQ to the Roadmap

ACTION: sommer and nijaba to start updating the answers

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID related questions

Ideas for Jaunty

mathiaz reminded that ideas for Jaunty should be added to the ServerTeam IdeaPool page so that they can be reviewed and included in discussions for the next UDS.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 11th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.