Server Team 20080923 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Ubuntu vm builder

soren published a post about his work on the vm-builder package. nijaba is working on updating his JeOS tutorial to use vm-builder. sommer mentioned that he planned to add a note about xen support in the virtulization section of the Ubuntu Server Guide.

ACTION: sommer to update the virtulization section with a reference to xen in vm-builder

Review ServerGuide for Intrepid

kirkland reviewed the RAID section of the Server Guide. A section about tomcat has also been added based on the work from Koon. sommer asked what the security question in the installer was exactly doing. No one had a definite answer.

ACTION: mathiaz to review the ldap section of the server guide

ACTION: sommer to look into the security updates part of the installer to figure out what it does exactly and document it

nagios3 in main

Koon hadn’t had time to ask an archive admin to look into the issue. mathiaz suggested to file a bug explaining why nagios3 didn’t need a MIR and ask ubuntu-mir to approve it. Once done, the server-ship seed can be fixed.

ACTION: Koon to file a bug explaining the state of nagios3, subscribe ubuntu-mir to it and get approved

ACTION: mathiaz to update the server-ship to use nagios3 instead of nagios2

Beta Freeze

mathiaz reminded that BetaFreeze is coming this Thursday in preparation for the Release of 8.10 Beta next week. Helping out with iso testing is welcomed. Coordination is done in #ubuntu-testing and on the Iso testing tracker.

Ubuntu Server survey

nijaba announced that the Ubuntu Server was ready to be launched on Wednesday, September the 24th. Canonical will issue a press release and the Ubuntu marketing team should help to get the word out.

Ebox

wst reported that ebox is currently broken in intrepid. mathiaz pointed him to the ebox PPA.

Encrypted directory install step during the server install

kirkland mentioned the ongoing thread on the ubuntu-server@ mailing list about the usefulness of the Encrypted directories setup step in the server install. Discussion is still going on and feedback is welcomed.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 30th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: