Server Team 20080902 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Ubuntu VM builder

soren uploaded his rework of ubuntu-vm-builder. The package has been renamed to vm-builder. It is waiting in the NEW queue to be processed by an archive administrator. nijaba has started to write up a tutorial based on the bzr branch of vm-builder. He plans to put it on the Ubuntu help wiki.

ACTION: soren to write a blog post about vm-builder once it’s available in the archive

ACTION: sommer to update the virtualization section of the server guide with references to the new ubuntu-vm-builder

ACTION: nijaba to write a tutorial on vm-builder and put it on the help wiki

ACTION: soren to ping UWN editor to get a paragraph about vm-builder in UWN

Tomcat6 server stack support

Koon wrote up a blog post which has been published on the ubuntuserver blog. mathiaz asked about the state of the patches to reduce the pulled in dependencies. Koon reported that two of them are left and doko was looking at them.

Review ServerGuide for Intrepid

sommer added a support paragraph to the server guide. He also reported that the ldap sections had been updated to cover the new cn=config backend. mathiaz reminded that sections that needed reviews were listed in the wiki page. Reviews can be conducted either online on the development documentation website or by checking out a bzr branch of the documentation as outlined in the knowledge base.

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID section of the server guide

ACTION: mathiaz to review the ldap section of the server guide

ACTION: sommer to specify the review work on the Roadmap

Ubuntu Server survey

nijaba reported that a host had been provided for the server survey. He is looking for volunteers to check that everything is fine before the launch and start the announce as planned on the wiki. He thinks a good launch date could be Mon, September the 22nd. Anyone interested in helping out should contact him.

UFW Package Integration

jdstrand reported that ufw had been uploaded before Feature Freeze. Thanks to the good work of nxvl and didrocks support for ufw has been added to almost all packages from the server tasksel list. mathiaz asked if the the firewall section of the server guide had to be updated.

ACTION: jdstrand to review the firewall section of the ubuntu server guide

Alpha 5 and Feature Freeze

mathiaz reminded that alpha5 is scheduled for Thursday this week. Testing of the -server isos will be asked up to the release. He also added that now that Feature Freeze is in effect the development team is focusing on bug fixing and testing.

Clamav and Spamassass in Main

nealmcb asked about the state of clamav and spamassassin in intrepid. According to the wiki page all the MIRs have been written.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 9th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Advertisements

One Response to “Server Team 20080902 meeting minutes”

  1. How about including some of this stuff in Debian?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: