Server Team 20080708 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Updated Server Team Roadmap

mathiaz updated the Server Team Roadmap with a list of specs targeted for Intrepid. He reminded everyone to add missing blueprints and update existing ones.

ACTION: kirkland to update the lsb section on the roadmap.

ACTION: nxvl to add a section about augeas.

Ubuntu Server Guide bzr branch

mathiaz looked into splitting the Ubuntu server guide into its own bzr branch in order to make it easier and faster for new contributors to submit updates. He asked how translations were integrated in the package. LaserJock gave some details. The discussion was defer to #ubuntu-server after the meeting.

Migrate openldap configuration to cn=config

mathiaz made some progress on supporting the config backend in the openldap package. He scheduled some time next week with slangasek to talk about his changes.

Encrypted ~/Private Directory in Each User’s Home

kirkland reported that this spec is in great shape for intrepid. Two modifications to /etc/pam.d/common-auth and /etc/pam.d/common-session still need to be done manually.

ACTION: kirkland to update the testing instructions in the Spec and send an email out to the server mailing list about ecrypts fs.

ACTION: kirkland to ask for feedback on how to add the pam_ecryptfs module to the pam stack.

Migrate new installs and upgrades of client and server packages to use SSL v3 or TLS

ivoks started to make a list of services that need their configuration updated to provide SSL v3/TLS by default.

ACTION: ivoks to update the MigrateOffSSL2 wiki page with a list of services that needs to be checked and fixed.

Integration of Dovecot SASL and Postfix

mathiaz noted that there are currently two sasl implementations in main: cyrus and dovecot. While writing one of his spec, he found that most of the services in main use the Cyrus SASL implementation – only two services (exim and postfix) support the dovecot implementation. He wondered why use the dovecot implementation instead of cyrus.

ACTION: ivoks to evaluate what needs to be done for cyrus sasl/postfix integration.

ACTION: mathiaz to update the Roadmap wrt postfix sasl integration.

Ubuntu Manpage Repository

elmo has agreed to provide hosting for it. The code is awaiting kees’ security audit. There’s a Launchpad project if anyone else wants to review it.

kirkland may add the dman command line which provides instant access from a command line to any man page in any Ubuntu release dapper – intrepid, main/universe/multiverse/restricted. This shell script can be found in the same LP project as the repository code.

Call for user experiences on WBEM/CIM Servers

Koon has been investigating options for integrating a WBEM/CIM server in Ubuntu server. He was wondering if anyone in the team had any experience to share (OpenWBEM, SBLIM, OpenPegasus, others ). nealmcb offered to forward Koon’s requests and questions to folks that should know more about this subject.

Intrepid alpha 2

mathiaz reminded that Alpha 2 is targeted for Thursday and that there is a soft freeze in effect. This also means that some -server isos will require testing in the next days. As usual coordination takes place in #ubuntu-testing and on the Iso testing tracker.

sommer wondered if the isos were working with kvm. nijaba reported that soren said he would upload a patch to fix that shortly. mathiaz added that he successfully booted an intrepid guest with the latest kernel upload (-3), but that the system would produce a lot of oopses.

Augeas almost in Intrepid

nxvl reported that his augeas package had been uploaded to the archive and was waiting for a review by an archive admin. The next step is to write more lenses for the services that we’d like to support: he created such a list and is looking for help to write lenses.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, July 15th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Server Team 20080708 meeting minutes”

  1. Question/Suggestion! Is Server Guide going to Stay in Rossetta For translations or is it going to be all through bzr now?

  2. plop! sry but, i think it should stay in rosetta

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: