Server Team 20080610 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with the irc logs.

Openldap 2.4 SRU

zul filed a bug to start an SRU for openldap 2.4.9 for hardy. The SRU was accepted by the SRU team. However there was some issues with the uploaded package which was rejected.

mathiaz added that openldap 2.4.10 had just been released – the changelog is rather short and consists of bug fixes only. There was some discussion whether 2.4.10 instead of 2.4.9 should be used for the SRU. As the SRU for 2.4.9 is already accepted, it was decided to go on with 2.4.9 and get 2.4.10 in hardy at a later time.

ACTION: zul to go ahead with 2.4.9 in hardy as an SRU.

Intrepid Specification Status

ScottK2 asked about giving a quick status on the specifications worked on. He’s been working on a Server Flavor spec, which is based around d-i to perform a minimal server install and then use FAI to further customize the install into a specific task (mail server for example). mathiaz added that he wrote 4 specs about network authentication and identity managment. kirkland finished his specs about encrypted directory, booting in degraded mode and swapfile in the installer.

kirkland has also been working on providing an online version of all the manpages available in Ubuntu. He plans to integrated this in his documentation search page.

nealmcb has been looking into the Ubuntu Centralized Server Administrator spec. mathiaz suggested to look into the Augeas project, which could be used as the backend to read and write configuration files. nealmcb wondered if ebox could integrate with this project.

ACTION: mathiaz to invite the ebox developer, nxvl and dan shearer to the meeting to discuss system adminstration framework.

Merges

mathiaz reminded that the development team is focusing on merges nowadays: there were 299 outstanding merges in main and 298 in universe. Anyone interested in packaging should have a look at these lists.

Intrepid Alpha 1

mathiaz reminded that Alpha 1 isos are been worked on and should be released on Thursday. Iso testing of the server images will be done during the next few days. Help in this area is greatly appreciated – coordination is done via the Iso testing tracker and in #ubuntu-testing on Freenode.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 17th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Server Team 20080610 meeting minutes”

  1. It would be unwise to not ship 2.4.10 as the bug fixes were mainly related to replication.

    Thanks,

    Gavin.

  2. […] may have read already about Ubuntu centralized server administrator since it has been mentioned on the lasts server meetings and as you may have noticed i’m not present on them, so i will start giving […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: