Server Team 20110405 meeting minutes
Here are the minutes of the server team meeting. They can also be found online with the irc log here.
- Daviey to submit UDS-O topic for translations and docs
- jamespage to helpout with verification of euca-dhcp bug
- jamespage to discover process/location for fixing ubuntu server documentation
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
- Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred, carry over)
- Daviey to talk with docs team about new submissions (New documentation for cluster stack)
- Daviey has discussed this with the documentation team; most Ubuntu documentation is facing the same issue that the server documentation set is (i.e. lack of resource).
- [ACTION] Daviey actioned to raise a UDS-O topic to discuss server team documentation and the how this is taken forwards.
- Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug. (carry over)
- Progress on this issue; bug applied but needs verification.
- [ACTION] jamespage to help out with verification that this issue is resolved.
- SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes
- ALL: Please review the current documentation (for Natty release)
- Some review; however team are unclear on how to fix documentation for the release.
- [ACTION] jamespage to find out and report back/email.
Focus is now on bug fixing rather than development.
List of release bugs for server team: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=server-nrs
- Looking OK.
- Looking OK.
Daviey asked that any blockers, issues or concerns be raised as soon as possible in the run up to beta-2
Smoser raised two bugs that required MIR approval:
Launchpad bug 726572 in cloud-initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) “[MIR] cloud-initramfs-tools” [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/726572
Launchpad bug 727200 in lxc (Ubuntu Natty) “[MIR] lxcguest in main” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/727200
Ubuntu Server Team Events
- SpamapS: Apr. 13,14 I will be at the MySQL Users’ Conference in Santa Clara, CA
- jamespage: I’ll be attending puppet camp europe on the 28/29 April in Amsterdam
- zul: Apr 25 – 29 I will be at the Openstack summit, Santa Clara, CA
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- Current investigating:
Launchpad bug 746751 in linux (Ubuntu) “kernel: [Firmware Bug]: the BIOS has corrupted hw-PMU resources (MSR 38d is 30)” [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/746751
- Kernel SRU tests are throwing up security failures, compiler stracktraces etc…
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
Launchpad bug 634487 in linux (Ubuntu Natty) “t1.micro instance hangs when installing java” [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/634487
- Latest natty works fine on smb test rig; however not in ec2.
- The bug seems to be some interaction between xen hypervisor and the kernel. And it looks like newer Xen works.
- Just need Amazon to upgrade.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community
Announce next meeting date and time
- Tuesday, April 12th 2011 16:00 UTC