Server Team 20110315 Meeting Minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Agenda

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
  1. Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations
  • Natty Development
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date and time

Meeting Actions

  • ACTION: Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)
  • ACTION: Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.
  • ACTION: smb to look into kernel fs modules config for bug 732046

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • ACTION: Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)

Natty Development

Apart from a few issues, in particular a dhcp bug in eucalyptus, and broken lxc container support with the latest openstack updates, Natty development is going well. ‘no OMG! issues…at least not yet ;)

Ubuntu Server Team Events

Planning is under way for an LXC development mini-conf. Location is undecided as yet. SpamapS will be speaking about ‘Run Drizzle on Your Narwhal’ on the 13th at http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2011/public/schedule/detail/17640. Ubuntu Cloud days (http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2011/public/schedule/detail/17640) are next week Wednesday and Thursday, Mar 23-24. Open Stack summit is next month, zul will likely be there.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

Still blocked on euca (bug 717166). Daviey will post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

Last week smb was mainly working on multipath debugging and looking at proposed xen patches. There is some work to do for -virtual config work. The config needs to be improved to include filesystem modules. smoser and smb will discuss further offline.

Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community

kim0 mentioned Ubuntu Cloud Days is next week (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuCloudDays). We can add days to add more slots, so don’t be shy about proposing a topic. SpamapS may propose ensemble topics, with and without the ensemble team. ivoks mentioned that it would be nice to add vlan package to CD and possibly installed by default. This should be discussed at next UDS. ttx asked about the “Ubuntu Server Task Forces” (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-server. Daviey is says he absolutely is still looking at that.

Open Discussion

SpamapS feels that the meeting format could use streamlining. Perhaps this should be discussed at the next meeting. Please feel free to add it to the Agenda if you concur.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Mar 22nd at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: