Archive for October, 2010

Server Team 20101019 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on Wednesday, 20 October 2010 by Thierry Carrez

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community: carried over
  • ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred: carried over
  • jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461): carried over

  • jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487): in progress

Natty development

  • It’s Syncs and merges season, please cover your bits.
  • UDS sessions relating to server are listed at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~ttx/+specs?role=subscriber

  • All blueprints should now be filed.
  • We may consider an extra blueprint about openvswitch, need to define use cases first.
  • For good scheduling, everyone should mark themselves essential to the sessions where they are indeed essential. That is done through Subscribing to the blueprint and marking yourself essential to the discussion.
  • Set yourself as drafter on UDS sessions you want to lead. If you can’t do that, ask ttx to do it for you.

Maverick SRUs

  • Bug 661547 – Existing patch gssapi.diff makes guess_service_principal produce garbage: blocked by other fix in -proposed

  • Bug 657149 – squid fails to upgrade: incomplete

  • Bug 658227 – openldap fails to upgrade: in -proposed

  • Bug 660227 – php5-pgsql crash on getting an error back from postgres: in -proposed

  • Bug 600174 – axis2c fails to build from source on maverick/i386: Daviey will ping doko about it at UDS

  • We need to revive the SRU tracker for Maverick to ease SRU work tracking.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • smoser proposed kernel bug bounties under a beer form.
  • kernel version for natty should be 2.6.37 or .38
  • smoser raised Bug 662842 (remove linux-ec2 from natty): jjohansen said it was on his TODO alraedy

Open Discussion

  • robbiew is now Canonical server team interim manager.
  • ScottK mentioned a discussion on the ML that wasn’t translated into a spec yet: fixing hostname detection/setting. This is a foundations spec, but of great interest for server. Robbie filed it and subscribed Scott to it.

Meeting Actions

  • mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community (carry over)

  • ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred (carry over)

  • jjohansen to look into bug 634487 and bug 658461 (carry over)

  • ttx to check if a session is needed around openvswitch

  • ALL to subscribe to BPs where their attendance is required

  • ALL to set themselves as drafter where they want to lead sessions

  • zul to check SRU tracker status

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be Tuesday 2010-11-02 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting (10/26 cancelled for UDS).

Server Team 20101012 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes with tags , , , , , on Wednesday, 13 October 2010 by spamaps

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Meeting Actions

  • ACTION: mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community (carry over)

  • ACTION: ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461)

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487)

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • ACTION: mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community
    • mathiaz was unable to attend, action point carried over to next week
  • ACTION: smoser to get skaet info on how to publish EC2 images
    • DONE ec2 images were published along with the rest of 10.10
  • ACTION: Everyone to celebrate the 10.10.10 release in their own unique ways
    • DONE emphatically

Postmortem for Maverick (ttx)

  • Close your specs
    • ACTION: ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred

  • SRUs (658227, 600174)

    • Everyone should keep a close eye on high priority bug candidates for SRU to maverick.

Natty development

  • Opening: Syncs and Merges (ttx)
    • Natty will open soon, now is the time to start looking at merges
  • Natty specs preparation (jib)

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • QA and BugSquad are phasing out the ‘regression-potential’ tag, and it should not be used anymore. regression-release, regression-proposed, or regression-updates should be used to signal even potential regressions.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • Phantom load bug fix in lucid has not landed yet but should soon
  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461)

  • ACTION: jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487)

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • sommer was not in attendance

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

  • Reminder that this is UbuntuOpenWeek

  • kim0 has been talking with some community members and getting them fired up about contributing, with 8 potential contributors. He would appreciate volunteers for mentoring them.

Open Discussion

  • RoAkSoAx has an HA UEC-CLC setup using cluster stack (pacemaker, heartbeat), he would like to discuss this further at UDS during a cluster stack focused session.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday 2010-10-19 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting

Ubuntu Server Team Meeting Minutes from 2010-10-05

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Tuesday, 12 October 2010 by Dustin Kirkland

For more details, see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20101005

== Minutes ==
==== Meeting Actions ====
* ACTION: mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the
puppet community
* ACTION: smoser to get skaet info on how to publish EC2 images
* ACTION:  Everyone to celebrate the 10.10.10 release in their own unique ways

==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====
* jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for
call for ideas
* DONE (during the course of the meeting)
* mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community
* ACTION (held over to next week)

==== Maverick development (jib) ====
* jib: winding down, ttx in London for release sprint

==== release status, the road to 10.10.10 release (ttx) ====
* ttx: nothing critical, a few FTBFS, nothing queued against the
release, ISO testing to begin soon
* ACTION: smoser to get skaet info on how to publish EC2 images

==== Natty preparation (jib) ====
* jib: [[ServerTeam/NattyIdeaPool]] is open, spend some time next
week brainstorming

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
* hggdh: we will be dropping regression-potential

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
* jjohansen: ill, not at meeting

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====
* sommer: not around

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0) ====
* kim0: not around

==== Open Discussion ====
* SRU 649591 (mountall spins eating cpu when ‘nobootwait’ option
exists in fstab followed by a comma)
* kirkland sponsored smoser’s proposal
* ACTION:  Everyone to celebrate the 10.10.10 release in their own unique ways

==== Announce next meeting date and time ====
* Tuesday 2010-10-12 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting

:-Dustin

UDS Natty: Call for Blueprints for Ubuntu Server

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Tuesday, 5 October 2010 by jiboumans

With the Maverick release cycle nearing its completion, it’s
time to start looking forward to our next release: Natty
Narwhal.

Following tradition, we’ll kick off the Natty development
cycle with a Ubuntu Developer Summit in the last week of
October. To help us make the most of that week, we’ve started
a wiki page to collect all ideas and feedback regarding
the Ubuntu Server, which we’ll use as input to the individual
sessions at UDS:

There’s a braindump area at the top; anything goes and all
ideas are welcome. If you have anything you’d like to see
changed in Natty, we’d love to hear about it!

If you’ll be attending UDS and already have a topic for a
session you’d like to lead, please suggest it in the ‘UDS
Sessions’ section at the bottom of the page. Be sure to
add your name to it and a link to the matching blueprint
in Launchpad.

I’m very much looking forward to your contributions and
hope to see you in person at UDS.

-Jos

Server Team 20100928 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Monday, 4 October 2010 by ssmoser

Meeting Actions

  • [ACTION] SpamapS to chase drizzle in maverick decide between “broken” and “removed” with slight possibility of “beta”
  • [ACTION] jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas
  • [ACTION] (carryover) mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • SpamapS will continue to follow up on drizzle in maverick.

Maverick development (jib)

RC release status (ttx)

  • Only critical issue at that time was Eucalyptus upgrade

The road to 10.10.10 release (ttx)

  • ISO testing is in progress (subsequently finished with all tests run and on time)
  • Daily triage is particularly important right now. Please take care to find high impact issues.
  • EC2 Images for RC were waiting on 649833

  • Daviey and Mathaiz will cover general RC release issues, with smoser handling UEC images

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • hggdh sent a mail to ubuntu-devel proposing a change on the usage of ‘regression-*’ tags. Comments are appreciated.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • user-data corruption bug bug is fixed
  • 574910 is expected to move into SRU this week

  • there will be a 0 day kernel update that the kernel team is queuing fixes for

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • no discussion

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

  • This week, kim0 is collecting feedback from “newcomer” Ubuntu server ocmmunity. The goal being to understand if we’re doing a good job accepting new community members, availing helpful data, things to work on, and guidance along the path.
  • kim0 has recieved pings from a dozen people who would like to contribute
  • cloud portal (http://cloud.ubuntu.com) is expected to be released soon.

  • To see the cloud portal now, add “217.139.24.3 kimos.com” to /etc/hosts and visit kimos.com.

Open Discussion

  • 582963 in apache2 was discussed some, it is being deferred to Natty.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 12th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.