Server Team 20100831 meeting minutes

Here are the meeting minutes. They can also be found
here
with full irc logs.

  • Agenda
    • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
      • SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel
      • jjohansen to review bug 493156
      • zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
      • ttx to make burnup charts available to people who want them
    • Maverick development (jib)
      • Beta milestone release (ttx) – Beta-milestoned bugs and ISO testing
      • Post-beta work – Maverick bugs and release status page (ttx)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
      • pv-ops kernel status update
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
    • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)
    • Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)
    • Open Discussion
    • Announce next meeting date and time
      • Tuesday 2010-09-07 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting
  • Minutes
  • Meeting Actions
    • jjohansen to provide tests for bug 582963 and request SRU
  • ACTIONS from previous meeting
    • SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel
      • submitted, discussion had, consensus reached…
      • rubygems 1.9.1 to be merged into ruby 1.9, and gems to be placed in /usr/local/bin
      • copious congratulations and kudos from all around to Spamaps
    • jjohansen to review bug 493156 (“Please enable CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT”)
      • test kernel built, but not yet submitted for SRU
    • zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
      • Done, in apache now
      • side effect in the form of a new SSl bug
      • zul may revert
    • ttx to make burnup charts available to people who want them
  • Maverick development (jib)
    • beta cycle is winding down (ends this thursday)
      • we are mostly on track
    • iso testing coming up soon
    • jib and ttx finalizing RC plan on friday
    • ttx described in detail how to prioritize work
    • ttx points out that week between Beta release and FinalFreeze is time to fix seemingly basic bugs
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
    • QA team changing the way regression tags are used – RFC out soon
    • mathiaz announces that he has automated all of the iso testing
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
    • Bug #606373 – sporadic console output – looking for a race
    • Bug #620994 (xen kernel BUG) – after extensive testing doesn’t affect, Maverick or Lucid
    • Bug #614853 (kernel panic divide error) – could not replicate
    • Bug 621175 (virtual kernel contains too many modules) – will have to be fixed post-beta
  • Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)
    • 48 targets; 25 bugs fixed; 8 invalidated; 3 waiting on upstream; 12 postponed
    • ttx frets that the effort failed in bringing in new contributors
    • kirkland asks how many users were made happier with Ubuntu Server
      • tough to quantify
    • kirkland and mathiaz agree that it is nice dedicating time to fix small bugs
    • hallyn and Spamaps concur that it was a useful exercise for learning about packaging
    • We will further discuss at UDS-N
  • Agree on next meeting date and time
    • Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 7th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeti
About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: