Server Team 20100407 meeting minutes
Beta2 milestone release (ttx)
- Beta2 will be released tomorrow (Thursday 2010-04-08). Server is looking good.
Some Beta2 tasks still remain .
531494 has been fixed, and we are going to give ramdisk-free UEC and EC2 images one last chance. The 20100107.1 build will not have ramdisks and testing should be done both on EC2 and UEC for that. If we run into issues that look related to lack of ramdisk we will revert to using ramdisks for beta-2 and release.
RC/Final preparation (ttx)
- Release occurs at the end of the month. Priority until then is:
- Release-critical bugs
- Continued specs (eucalyptus-merging, uec-testing, puppet-ec2)
- Lucid targets of opportunity
List of all critical bugs are available at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus
The FinalFreeze is next week. Please pay special attention during triaging to catch release-critical issues. Feel free to subscribe ttx to those bugs.
- openldap is in need of some work, regarding update from hardy, per mathiaz “sticky point is the conversion from slapd.conf cn=config”
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- Test cases in iso tracker have been recently updated.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
532553 is targetted for post beta2
FinalFreeze for kernel is next week
Weekly SRU review: (mathiaz)
[ACTION] Mathiaz to fix a broken script with bug reporting link above.
Call for Maverick blueprints (ttx)
- Maverick UDS is in a bit less than a month.
- To register a blueprint, name it server-maverick-* and set Jos Boumans as the approval.
RoAkSoAx pointed out “Cluster Packages are getting into Debian. Those include ivoks changes… they should be hitting Debian unstable soon, though I’m not sure if they are going to do so in time for us to sync/merge”. In lucid, cluster-agents, cluster-glue, heartbeat are still in universe . RoaAkSoAx will be looking more into this.
[ACTION] ttx to follow up with ivoks/RoaKSoax on cluster stack state
- Per zul, mysql-server-5.0 removal is ready to go in after freeze is lifted.
[ACTION] mathiaz to propose removal of dovecot-postfix on MLs
- mathaiz proposal to drop the ubuntu-serverguide from the archive, was generally met with unhappyness. sommer is planning a SRU update to address the ldap changes, which is the most out of date.
Please sponsor packages : http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 14th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.