Server Team 20091026 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • kirkland to adapt help.ubuntu.com VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt: in progress

ACTION: kirkland to finish adapting help.ubuntu.com VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt

  • mathiaz to add test case for image store in testcases wiki: Done

  • zul to write up server upgrade test case: Done

  • nurmi to investigate bug 455625: TODO

ACTION: nurmi to investigate bug 455625

  • soren to complete demo virtual appliance: Published and tested, could use some polish
  • mdz to chase down details on production image store: Running and tested
  • mathiaz to test UEC integration with production image store: Tested and working OK

Karmic release last actions

Remaining RC bugs:

  • 458850: on track to be included on release cloud images

  • 458576: is safe to fix and would get rolled in the same respin

ISO testing and mentioning relevant bugs in the release notes should be the focus of this week.

Release notes candidates are:

  • 459101: Relay denied from eucalyptus registration emails

  • 444352: DB deadlock on reboot prevents UEC from working, temporarily

kirkland will review the bug lists and mention anything else UEC-related that I think is worth release-noting.

We should also help where we can the Foundations team in solving 457767 (iSCSI boot). It now seems related to kernel issue so wee should update the documentation to reflect current support.

Lucid Lynx

mdz gathered requirements from Canonical stakeholders, with some more to come. Items are expected in the same broad categories as 9.10: UEC, EC2, appliances, enterprise deployment items. But we will aim to focus on stabilization and negotiate our commitments with regard to that. Opening the meeting to 10.04 suggestions, lots of ideas were discussed. A wikipage was created to followup on those suggestions (and allow to suggest more): https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/LucidIdeaPool

ACTION: ttx to create wiki page for 10.04 input from server team (Done)

Open discussion

kirkland mentioned that the new time slot for the meeting (Wednesdays at 1400 UTC) is difficult for him, so we might (again) change it. ttx asked about how the triage days were going, and updated the knowledge base to make information about them more accessible. mdz asked about release parties that the team plans to go to, as a great way to celebrate and let the pressure go. mathiaz plans to get free beers all night.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 4th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: