Server Team 20090303 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

SRU bug tracking

ivoks raised the SRU bug tracking point last meeting but hadn’t had time to prepare something for this week.

ACTION: ivoks to add to the server team agenda an item about better SRU management.

Postfix and Dovecot integration

ivoks reported that he hadn’t received any feedback yet. mathiaz suggested to write a blog post about it.

ACTION: ivoks to blog about the postfix dovecot integration.

Ubuntu and EC2

zul gave a quick status of Ubuntu on EC2: the beta2 images were released last week and are based on intrepid. Follow the EC2 Getting Started guide to help testing the beta2 image.

zul is also working on images based on hardy and jaunty.

Samba bug day

mathiaz announced that next Thursday, March 12th, will be dedicated to triaging bugs related to samba. The QA team is currently gathering a list of bugs for the coming Bug day. mathiaz and ttx agreed to provide support to the bug triagers during the whole Bug day. There were also some discussions about announcing the samba bug day via several blog posts.

ACTION: mathiaz to blog about samba bug day on Thursday

ACTION: ttx to blog about samba bug day on Monday

ACTION: nijaba to blog about samba bug day Wednesday from next week.

ACTION: ttx to cover the first part of the samba hug day

ACTION: mathiaz to cover the second part of the samba hug day

Exchange support for Evolution

seb128 reported that the evolution-mapi package had been uploaded to jaunty and was waiting for review in the NEW queue. He is looking for testers that have access to an Exchange infrastructure. ivoks volunteered for some testing.

ACTION: ivoks to test the evolution-mapi package in an Exchange environment.

Agree on next meeting date and time

mathiaz mentioned that USA/Canada would start Daylight Saving Time on March 8, 2009 while most of European country would start DST on March, 29. It was decided to move the meeting one hour earlier at 15:00 UTC.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 10th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

About these ads

One Response to “Server Team 20090303 meeting minutes”

  1. I’ve sent two mails suggesting the server team to start a project on Ubuntu Directory Server (UDS). So we all can use a single Ubuntu Server for Centralized LDAP authentication to Linux and Windows Clients and also to extend the development to a level where the group policies and other directory server facilities could be implemented. And I’m happily waiting to become a tester. :-)… Please take that topic into your agenda in a coming meeting.

    Thank you.

    Anuradha from Sri Lanka.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: