Server Team 20080826 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Ubuntu VM builder

soren is preparing a new upload of his python rewrite of ubuntu-vm-builder. nijaba offered to write a short tutorial about ubuntu-vm-builder once it’s available in the archive. sommer mentionned that the virtualization section of the server guide should also be updated.

ACTION: nijaba to write a tutorial about the new ubuntu-vm-builder.

ACTION: sommer to update the virtualization section of the server guide with references to the new ubuntu-vm-builder.

Review ServerGuide for Intrepid

sommer updated the openldap section to cover cn=config. Sections that have been updated are marked with “Ready for Review” on the wiki page. sommer also mentioned that doc.ubuntu.com is up-to-date. He added that reading through all the sections and update any path names, package names, etc that may have changed with intrepid would be helpful.

ACTION: jjesse to update the apache section of the server guide.

Tomcat6 server stack support

Koon announced that tomcat 6.0.18 had been uploaded to fix a few security issues that were disclosed a few weeks ago. He is waiting for feedback. He has written all relevant MIRs to get tomcat6 moved to main and then have a task added to tasksel.

mathiaz asked about dependencies pulled in by tomcat6. Koon has been working on reducing them and filed bugs for most of them. He is asking for sponsoring. Some of them may be controversial and he’d like to ask doko about it.

ACTION: Koon to write a post about tomcat6 for ubuntuserver blog.

ACTION: mathiaz to sponsor Koon patches for non-controversial packages.

UFW Package Integration

jdstrand reported that the ufw portion was basically done. The Roadmap has been updated with a list of packages to be integrated with ufw. Help in that area is welcomed.

Rails and Rubygems

macd said that the passenger package on REVU was in good shape. He also started a discussion about the rubygems changes. If the passenger changes are made and the rubygems changes that were spoken of are made rails will be in good shape for intrepid.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 2nd at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

About these ads

One Response to “Server Team 20080826 meeting minutes”

  1. For those of you not reading Ubuntu development mail lists, I’d like to note that “rails will be in good shape for intrepid” is a pretty controversial statement.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: