20140401 Meeting Notes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Tuesday, 1 April 2014 by s3hh

Jamespage pointed out that “we are in freeze – release team are reviewing all uploads to main components; universe still going through on auto BUT you still need FFe’s for major bumps un function.”

Beisner is running iso tests and has found some regressions in maas (bug 1298559). Everyone who has time is encouraged to go through iso tests – “find and fix bugs, test isos, deploy openstack, run clouds, test stuff and MAKE IT GREAT” (-Jamespage).

Everyone is asked to make sure their blueprints are uptodate.

Psivaa pointed out that lvm d-i installs are currently failing (bug 1300072). Beisner points out “workaround is F4 to minimal installation, then it proceeds.”.

Hallyn asked that anyone using qemu in trusty give the 2.0 candidate (in ppa:ubuntu-virt/candidate) a go, as we are hoping to push that into trusty the moment upstream pushes the release.

Server Team 20130903 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Thursday, 5 September 2013 by s3hh

These notes can also be found, with full irc logs here.

A catchup was planned with percona about making it into saucy. jamespage expects to work on it next month, but saucy looks unlikely.

A charm school on how to use charm helpers is coming up this Friday, Sep 6 at 1700UTC.

There appear to be more than one nested-kvm bugs. 32-bit userspace in level 1 appears to have been broken for awhile, while 64-bit appears to be a regression in 3.11 or 3.10.

The bug list is getting out of hand, so everyone is asked to spend some extra time triaging.

The next meeting will be Tuesday, Sep 10 at 16:00 UTC.

Ubuntu OpenStack SRU cadence

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Monday, 8 July 2013 by JavaCruft

Originally posted on JavaCruft:

At the last Ubuntu Developer Summit, the Ubuntu Server team discussed moving to a fixed cadence for releasing point releases of OpenStack into Ubuntu and the Ubuntu Cloud Archive for 12.04 under the Ubuntu Stable Release update process.

The amount of time between upstream point release and acceptance into Ubuntu and the Ubuntu Cloud Archive is relatively short, but the team felt that a more regular cadence was required to allow users of OpenStack on Ubuntu to plan around upstream point releases.

For future OpenStack point releases the Ubuntu Server team will be following a new cadence for pushing these releases into Ubuntu. This should allow the team to test and promote a point release of OpenStack into Ubuntu within two weeks of the upstream point release. Hopefully this will allow users of OpenStack on Ubuntu to plan upgrades a little more effectively going fowards.

For full details see the…

View original 5 more words

Ubuntu server team meeting notes for 20130611

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 by s3hh

== Meeting information ==
* #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-team, 11 Jun at 16:01 — 16:24 UTC
* Full logs are available here.

== Meeting summary ==

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===

Arosales expected to have the new burndown chart by the end of the day.

=== Saucy Development ===

There were no critical release bugs at this moment. Daviey asked that
everyone take another look to make sure blueprints are all correct.

* ”ACTION:” everyone look over blueprints one more time

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (plars) ===

There were some failures late last week with the server image, but those
are all good now except the floodlight test, which kernel team will bisect
for.

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb) ===

Regression testing against dkms packaging is still todo. smb was waiting
for a list of dkms packages, Daviey wanted all. jibel had mentioned having
a prototype ready.

=== Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak) ===

No new updates or questions. No updates yet on go 1.1 in saucy on arm,
so rbasak was going to look into that.

* ”ACTION:” rbasak to follow up on go 1.1. saucy arm issue

=== Open Discussion ===

There was some discussion on post-meeting work not being regularly done
by meeting chairs. Since everything is nicely documented in the server
guide, it was agreed that a weekly reminder to the meeting chair to
follow the steps therein would be useful.

* ”ACTION:” rbasak consider telling hallyn to add a todo item to meeting checklist to remind meeting chair about the wiki page checklist.

== Action items ==

* (carried over) arosales: create a overview topic bp for servercloud
* everyone look over blueprints one more time
* rbasak to follow up on go 1.1. saucy arm issue
* rbasak consider telling hallyn to add a todo item to meeting checklist to remind meeting chair about the wiki page checklist.

Ubuntu Server Blog Moved!

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 by awebtone

We have moved the Ubuntu Sever blog to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting

All updates will occur there now. Please follow the latest on Ubuntu Server there.

Ubuntu Server Team Meeting Minutes 20130226

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 by s3hh

It was decided not to send an alpha-2 call for testing, but to wait for beta instead. Daviey mentioned that matsurba has kindly offered to help with dep-8 tests.

BLUEPRINTS

Daviey thinks we look a little further behind than we actually are, and asks that everyone take a look to make sure their blueprints are uptodate. If you’d like to mark some items postponed, please first talk to Daviey, jamespage or smoser.

QA

plars will be taking hggdh’s place representing QA.

plars noted that conffile failures no longer raise individual bugs, but rather are reported at https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Raring/view/Smoke%20Testing/job/raring-upgrade-quantal-server/ARCH=amd64,LTS=non-lts,PROFILE=server-tasks,label=upgrade-test/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/results/obsolete_conffiles.log

KERNEL

smb re-advertised http://people.canonical.com/~smb/lucid-ec2-ng/

ACTIONS:

* jamespage to milesone documentation updates [carryover]
* serge to update server meeting docs to reflect palrs representing qa
* serge to consider putting the obsolete_conffiles.log url in weekly triaging knowledgebase section

Server Team 20121120 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server on Friday, 23 November 2012 by s3hh

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

  • Meeting Actions
  • Raring Development
    • jamespage, smoser, and Daviey were looking through blueprint specs last week. Most looked good, comments were made where additional detail was needed. They haven’t finished going through all specs yet.
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
    • jcastro, m_3, smoser, and utlemming will be at AWS reinvent next week.
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
    • smb and apw reviewed of Xen re-adding qemu-dm. Could be ready to be uploaded soon, though the previous upload still in r-proposed may need to be dropped.
    • apw, smb and Daviey need to talk about a dependency break for xen-hypervisor-4.1- for some nova packages
    • bug 1078926 “raring instance failed to find EC2 datasource” has an upstream fix, but it may not yet be final.
  • Agree on next meeting date and time
    • Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Nov 27th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.